Joining Make to Innovate can be a very rewarding experience and give students additional skills they may not otherwise be exposed to in the classroom. Joining Make to Innovate requires a few steps, but it is well worth the extra effort.
About Make to Innovate
Before joining Make to Innovate, please be aware that M:2:I is different from other classes. Students will work with their fellow students in teams and on a specific project. Students are graded on how well they achieve their goals, in presenting their work, and by being engaged and involved in their team. Most of your time will be spent working with your team. If you are self-motivated, a hard worker and have a passion to make things, then Make to Innovate is for you.
Joining Make to Innovate
To join, please follow the steps below:
- Speak to an academic adviser, make sure M:2:I fits your schedule and whether it will count as a technical elective for you.
- Sign up for AerE 294X or AerE 494X
- Find a project that you are interested in
- Meet with the project leader, make sure it is a good fit for you and that project and team
- Add yourself to that team’s group on Blackboard
If you have any questions about these steps or if you are having problems finding a team to work with, please visit with the Make to Innovate Program Coordinator.