Make to Innovate allows students to create a new project and apply for M2I resources and funding. Teams will be considered based on the project goals and how well these fit in the Make to Innovate mission. To be considered for a new project in Make to Innovate, students need to submit a response to our RFP (Request For Proposal). For the Fall 2016 semester the deadline for the RFP is September 2nd, 2016. Below are the simple steps you need to take.
- Fill out the team information in the RFP
- Write a proposal that addresses each key point as stated in the RFP
- Email your project application to Matthew Nelson at mnelson at iastate dot edu.
Below are links to the instructions for the RFP, the proposal template and the budget template.
Funding and resources are limited. Your proposal will be assessed based on the following items:
- Feasibility of the project
- Reasonable project goals and timeline
- Resources and funding requested
- Possible duplication with other M:2:I projects
- Student impact and diversification
- Group has secured a faculty adviser
If your proposal is accepted, your next step will be to make sure all students in the project are enrolled in AerE 294X or AerE 494X and that you complete the Team Charter assignment that will be found in Blackboard. This needs to be done before the deadline of September 16th, 2016 for the Fall 2016 semester.
Once a team is accepted, they only need to do the Team Charter in the following semesters, they do not need to submit a RFP unless the team is dissolved and comes back one or more semesters later.